The first day of summer is not officially here, but in Florida, I really doubt that that matters. I so enjoy a glass of cool, fruit infused water on a hot day. Also, I enjoy summer’s fruits like watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, and peaches. Summer vegetables are in full swing in my little organic backyard garden. It is a great time to think about health and fresh!!
Simply fill your favorite container with spring water and add your favorite fruits and herbs. I grow my own herbs, therefore, I have a variety from which to pick. One of my favorite combinations is that of berries and rosemary or mint.
Here are a few combinations that work well together:
- Cucumber + lime + strawberry + mint
- Lemon + raspberry + rosemary
- Orange + blueberry + basil
- Lime + ginger root + basil
- Watermelon + honeydew + mint
- Cucumber + mint + jalapeno
- Lemon + thyme
- Orange + hibiscus + star anise
- Orange + cinnamon + cardamom + cloves
- Pear + fennel