AirFryer Chicken Cutlet Milanese with Arugula Salad
Even though “good healthy fats” are essential to a good diet, at times I like to use my fats for other purposes, like the peppery arugula salad that goes great with this Air-fired chicken dish. I used the Breville Smart Oven. There are many air-fyers on the market and you will have to adjust the time and temperature to fit your specific fryer.
Lighten It Up
This lightened-up version of an old favorite is just what is needed for an evening you want a quick and easy meal. The chicken has a nice roasted flavor, without all of the added fat. The salad is peppery, and light with only a touch of olive oil and lemon.
Eat This With That
I served this with Italian Cauliflower. It was a wonderful pairing. But of course, this dish would go with many of the vegetable side dishes found here on my website. For example Skillet Garlicky Green Beans, Broccoli Rabe with Garlic, Garlicky Sauteed Kale, Baked Asparagus, Cocoa Roasted Cauliflower, and Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts are a few of my favorites with this dish.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the Salad:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1 small tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved parmesan, for garnish
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and garlic in a bowl.
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dip the cutlets into the egg.
- Coat with the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the cutlets onto the Air Flow Racks.
- Choose AirFry Setting at 450 degrees. Set Timer to 15 minutes to begin cooking cycle.
- While chicken cooks, make the salad.
- In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the arugula and coat with the dressing.
- Top the chicken with the diced tomatoes and the arugula salad. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
You May Also Like
Long celebrated as a superfood source of powerful nutrients, fresh mushrooms are a healthy addition ...
This is probably the easiest and tastiest way to prepare cauliflower, EVER! Whole roasted ...
This chicken is incredible! It had so much flavor and a really nice crunch from the golden almond ...
I baked this easy and delicious chicken and keep it on hand for quick weekday dinner meals, to top ...
Whole roasted cauliflower is EXTREMELY low maintenance. The cauliflower itself really doesn’t ...
Sometimes the simplest dishes are the best. In this one, butternut squash is combined with ghee ...
As summer transitions into fall, hard squashes begin filling produce bins in grocery stores and ...
This is such an easy, healthy side dish that you’ll often want to make! This side dish of ...
At first glance, this may look like your typical Caesar Salad. However, lots of love went into ...