AirFryer Chicken Cutlet Milanese with Arugula Salad
Even though “good healthy fats” are essential to a good diet, at times I like to use my fats for other purposes, like the peppery arugula salad that goes great with this Air-fired chicken dish. I used the Breville Smart Oven. There are many air-fyers on the market and you will have to adjust the time and temperature to fit your specific fryer.
Lighten It Up
This lightened-up version of an old favorite is just what is needed for an evening you want a quick and easy meal. The chicken has a nice roasted flavor, without all of the added fat. The salad is peppery, and light with only a touch of olive oil and lemon.
Eat This With That
I served this with Italian Cauliflower. It was a wonderful pairing. But of course, this dish would go with many of the vegetable side dishes found here on my website. For example Skillet Garlicky Green Beans, Broccoli Rabe with Garlic, Garlicky Sauteed Kale, Baked Asparagus, Cocoa Roasted Cauliflower, and Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts are a few of my favorites with this dish.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the Salad:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1 small tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved parmesan, for garnish
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and garlic in a bowl.
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dip the cutlets into the egg.
- Coat with the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the cutlets onto the Air Flow Racks.
- Choose AirFry Setting at 450 degrees. Set Timer to 15 minutes to begin cooking cycle.
- While chicken cooks, make the salad.
- In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the arugula and coat with the dressing.
- Top the chicken with the diced tomatoes and the arugula salad. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
You May Also Like
At first glance, this may look like your typical Caesar Salad. However, lots of love went into ...
I love Caprese Salad, so why not add it to a chicken dish for a super simple and tasty meal ...
This is a very simple and hearty chili with plenty of flavor. It's even better the second day! ...
I love making soups in the pressure cooker; they’re so quick and easy and you get the flavor of ...
How many times have you finished work and thought, "I'm just too tired to cook tonight and there's ...
Winter does not mean that your healthy salad needs to go by the wayside! The mixture of greens ...
This is such a wonderful, creamy, one-pan comfort food. It's so wonderful served over brown rice, ...
Have you ever observed a person or situation and immediately got the sense that something was not ...
When growing-up, there was nothing quite like the smells in our house on Thanksgiving Day. My ...
Sweet, sweet potatoes It's no surprise that sweet potatoes are at the top of nearly everyone's ...