AirFryer Chicken Cutlet Milanese with Arugula Salad
Even though “good healthy fats” are essential to a good diet, at times I like to use my fats for other purposes, like the peppery arugula salad that goes great with this Air-fired chicken dish. I used the Breville Smart Oven. There are many air-fyers on the market and you will have to adjust the time and temperature to fit your specific fryer.
Lighten It Up
This lightened-up version of an old favorite is just what is needed for an evening you want a quick and easy meal. The chicken has a nice roasted flavor, without all of the added fat. The salad is peppery, and light with only a touch of olive oil and lemon.
Eat This With That
I served this with Italian Cauliflower. It was a wonderful pairing. But of course, this dish would go with many of the vegetable side dishes found here on my website. For example Skillet Garlicky Green Beans, Broccoli Rabe with Garlic, Garlicky Sauteed Kale, Baked Asparagus, Cocoa Roasted Cauliflower, and Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts are a few of my favorites with this dish.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the Salad:
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups Arugula
- 1 small tomato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shaved parmesan, for garnish
- Combine panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and garlic in a bowl.
- Season the chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- Dip the cutlets into the egg.
- Coat with the panko breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the cutlets onto the Air Flow Racks.
- Choose AirFry Setting at 450 degrees. Set Timer to 15 minutes to begin cooking cycle.
- While chicken cooks, make the salad.
- In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the arugula and coat with the dressing.
- Top the chicken with the diced tomatoes and the arugula salad. Garnish with shaved Parmesan.
You May Also Like
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Homemade Alfredo Sauce is so creamy and flavorful, and so ...
Chicken Alfredo is creamy, full of flavor, and quick and easy to make to at home. It has many uses. ...
Long celebrated as a superfood source of powerful nutrients, fresh mushrooms are a healthy ...
Everyone loves coleslaw, but I love this new and easy take on an old favorite. This ...
What Is the Paleo Diet? The Paleo diet is basically a way of eating that takes out modern ...
For a simple lunch or dinner entree, these chicken drumsticks come together in a snap. I ...
These are perfection o a roasting pan--great alone, as a side dish, in salsas, in salads, blended ...
Beautiful, colorful, flavorful, nutritious salads! The fact that I live in Florida, means I can ...
How do I make healthy eating so flavorful? I use lots of herbs and spices and most often I grow ...
Long celebrated as a superfood source of powerful nutrients, fresh mushrooms are a healthy addition ...