Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Homemade Alfredo Sauce is so creamy and flavorful, and so simple to make from scratch with just a few ingredients! You’ll never need the jarred stuff again. This creamy Homemade Alfredo Sauce turns a busy weeknight dinner into something special. It just takes minutes to make. Also, you can make it ahead and reheat when needed.
Of course, we know that Alfredo sauce is great on pasta, but it can also be great over zucchini noodles or broccoli with chicken or even low-carb meatballs. I serve this over a big bowl of Chicken, Broccoli & Mushrooms. It was delicious.
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (freshly grated is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 20 to 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the cream cheese while whisking constantly. Once melted, slowly pour in the half-and-half and whisk until smooth. Gradually add the Parmesan cheese ¼ cup at a time, while whisking continuously.
- Add the oregano, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Simmer for about 1 minute to allow the flavors to blend; do not let the sauce boil. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from the heat and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.