Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Of course, we know that Alfredo sauce is great on pasta, but it can also be great over zucchini noodles or broccoli with chicken or even low-carb meatballs. I serve this over a big bowl of Chicken, Broccoli & Mushrooms. It was delicious.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (freshly grated is best)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 20 to 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the cream cheese while whisking constantly. Once melted, slowly pour in the half-and-half and whisk until smooth. Gradually add the Parmesan cheese ¼ cup at a time, while whisking continuously.
- Add the oregano, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Simmer for about 1 minute to allow the flavors to blend; do not let the sauce boil. Check for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Remove from the heat and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.