Baked Lemony Flounder
Flounder is an excellent source of high-quality protein. Eating grilled flounder is a heart-healthy way to incorporate essential nutrients into your diet. The American Heart Association recommends eating baked or grilled fish at least two times each week, or about 7 ounces per week.
Eat This With That
This dish pairs very well with a side of Rosemary & Garlic Oven Roasted Potatoes or as I have done here, a side of Quinoa Salad with Kale and Feta . This makes for a delicious and filling lunch or dinner.
If a lighter meal is what you are looking for, enjoy this fish dish with an Arugula Salad. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yields: 2 Servings
- 12-16 ounces of wild caught Flounder
- olive oil for cooking
- 2 Lemons, one for drizzling of juice and one for slicing
- Fresh Herbs, such as parsley, or basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Drizzle a small amount of olive oil on the bottom of a baking dish or baking sheet. Place flounder on the greased pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over top. Less if you like less of a lemon taste. Thinly slice one lemon and place atop the flounder.
- Bake for 15 minutes until opaque. Serve right away.