Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salad
This salad is delicious served with the Carne Asada recipe you will find here. It is also very good atop a cool green leafy salad for a light and filling lunch. You can use canned black beans but I make my own Slow Cooker Black Beans. You will find the recipe here on my blog. Also, you can pressure cook your black beans. Use the Presoak method and pressure cooking takes only about 15 minutes. Cooking time may vary according to each individual pressure cooker.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Yields: 6-8 Servings
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained or (Follow Black Bean Recipe link above)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.