Classic Vegetable Soup
This basic Classic Vegetable Soup can be made with any combination of fresh or frozen vegetables, so the soup will taste a little different each time. I buy organic frozen mixed veggies. So EASY!
The recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled to and frozen for later use.
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- 14 ounces reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 cups mixed fresh or frozen vegetables, such as carrots, corn, green beans, lima beans, peas, potatoes, and zucchini (cut larger vegetables into smaller pieces)
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onions or leeks, celery, and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent, 5 to 8 minutes
- Add broth, tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste, and 3 cups water to pot; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Add vegetables to pot, and return to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.