Creamy Herb Dressing
This is a great dressing for most any salad ingredients. You can get stuck in a rut when it comes to preparing salad. My advice, first and foremost, is to stay away from iceberg lettuce, which has little to no nutritional value. Use instead dark leafy salad greens, a mix of baby greens, baby kale, mache and the like.
Also, the add-ins for any salad are numerous. Pictured here for your Omega 3’s and Omegs 6’s are: nuts, seeds, avocado, and the Creamy Dressing is made of Homemade Olive Oil Mayo. You can add in hearts of palm (which are the inner, edible portions of the cabbage palm), artichoke hearts, chickpeas or chicken (if meat is more your speed), black or cured olives, and feta cheese. As well, add fresh vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, green onion, sweet or hot peppers, and the list goes on. Get creative and find what it is that suits your taste buds.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup organic mayo (See Homemade Olive Oil Mayo link above)
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 large garlic loves, finely chopped or grated
- Pinch of sea salt
- pinch of ground black or white pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients, until smooth.