Easy Vegetable Beef Soup
Even with Spring in full swing here in Florida, we had a slight cool front come through. This wonderful easy soup hit the spot! Good anytime of the year! Easy Vegetable Beef Soup is a quick meal loaded with vegetables, lean ground beef, diced tomatoes and potatoes. This soup is great to make-ahead, freeze and reheat.
I love a good soup as a weeknight meal. I find them satisfying, simple and they are loaded with vegetables and healthy ingredients! This Easy Vegetable Beef Soup is simple classic comfort food, hearty, healthy and satisfying. A rich tomato broth filled with ground beef, tender potatoes and vegetables. Sometimes the most simple ingredients make the best ever meals. This hamburger soup is not only delicious, it’s easy to make with ingredients you likely have on hand. I start with a mixture of lean beef, onion and garlic browned and drained. You can use any kind of ground meat in this recipe including gro
und turkey. Beef broth is the best broth option to add lots of great flavor; I personally prefer the low sodium variety.
I use a mixture of frozen vegetables to make this super easy (no chopping, no prepping) but it’s also a great way to use up any veggies in your fridge. Carrots, celery, peas, beans, zucchini… pretty much anything goes, sometimes we even make this with cabbage!
This soup is great reheated for lunches all week, but even better, it freezes perfectly! Store in the freezer in individual servings. Take out that morning or the night before to thaw and reheat for a quick, flavorful hearty lunch.
I also make a vegetarian Classic Vegetable Soup that is also very satisfying and delicious
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Yields: 8-10 Servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I prefer Organic, Grass-fed)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1-32 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon each: parsley, oregano, basil, thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, fresh or frozen
- Brown onion, ground beef and garlic until no pink remains. Drain any fat.
- Add potatoes, broth, tomatoes, tomato soup, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning and bay leaves. Simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Stir in vegetables. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.