Greek Turkey Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
These burgers are a great way to start off the spring or during those warm summer months when you are tired of the same old burger. They are brining with garlic, feta cheese and chopped spinach.
Eat This With That
You can serve with or without buns or use flat bread. Serve with your favorite condiments. I like to serve these burgers with lettuce, tomato, red onion and Tzatziki Sauce, which is a Greek yogurt and garlic sauce. It is so cool and refreshing and great on so many things. I also add a side of Homemade Hummus and a side of pita bread!
Lighten It Up
To make this dish a lighter version use fat free or reduced fat Feta. You can also use ground turkey breast instead of ground turkey. Keep in mind that ground turkey breast will be much drier in texture. Be careful not to over cook your burgers.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz feta cheese
- 1-10 oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Lightly grease the pan with olive oil.
- Mix together eggs, garlic, feta cheese, spinach, and turkey in a large bowl until well combined; form 8 patties.
- Cook in iron skillet until no longer pink in the center, 15-20 minutes. (If you prefer, you can cook burgers on a grill)
- Meanwhile, make the Tzatziki Sauce (See Link above for this quick recipe)