Hearty Earthy Kale Salad
With Kale growing in abundance in my winter Florida garden, I have found many uses for this wonderful green. This raw green salad is by far my favorite! This salad is loaded with what is good for you!
This salad is the healthy, easy and the most delicious kale salad I ever made! This is a great spring time salad and loaded with other delicious green vegetables. There is no dressing to whisk and fuss over. It has a wonderful fresh garlic aroma. The best part is that you can make this salad ahead and it doesn’t get soggy, making it a great leftover side dish as well.
All you have to do is massage kale leaves with some olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. This helps to soften the kale and distribute flavors evenly. This is an important step, so don’t skip it!
Eat This With That
This Kale Salad has a garlicky earthy taste that pairs well with most any dish. Last evening I paired it with beans and polenta for a hearty “stick to your ribs” meal. This dish would also pair well with this Paprika Coated Chicken Thighs. You could also serve this side salad with a fish dish such as this Baked Lemony Flounder.
Prep Time: 15 mins
- 1 cup Alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup Broccoli
- 2 Celery stalks, large
- 2-3 Garlic clove, large
- 1 Green bell pepper, large
- 1 cup Green peas
- 4 cups baby Kale, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Long English cucumber
- 1 tsp Black pepper, ground
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 2-3tsp Olive oil, extra virgin
- Add kale, olive oil, garlic, salt and black pepper to a large salad bowl. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix. Serve cold.
- Storage Instructions: Refrigerate covered for up to 24 hours. This salad keeps really well and doesn't get soggy even the next day.