Herb Garlic Vinaigrette
Most Store bought salad dressings are loaded with bad fats and sugar. Salads do not have to be boring or drab. This fresh, simple recipe is my go-to salad dressing. It dresses up any salad.
It tastes good no matter the salad ingredients I add into my bed of greens. It has a Mediterranean flare to it. To add to that mediterranean flavor, I throw in greek or black olives, artichoke hearts or hearts of palm, feta cheese, pepperoncini, chickpeas, fresh herbs, cucumbers, and green onions. The choices are many. Experiment and find your favorites.
Eat This With That
One of the many salads that I enjoy is the Mediterranean Inspired Salad with it’s many versions and add-ins. This dressing complaints this salad splendidly.
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar or vinegar of your choosing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs or just oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk the vinegar, honey, herbs, and garlic to dissolve the honey. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. However, the method I use most often is I place all ingredients (including salt and pepper) in a bottle and shake until well mixed.
- Pour into a salad dressing container. Drizzle approximately 2 tablespoons of dressing over your salad.