Herb Roasted Whole Chicken
I baked this easy and delicious chicken and keep it on hand for quick weekday dinner meals, to top salads, for protein snacks, to make chicken salad, or for quick lunches. You can keep this chicken up to 4 days in the refrigerator but, it probably will not last that long because it is so delicious and versatile.Eat This With That[\lead]
This main course dish pairs well with so many great dishes. For Low-Carb or Keto, options try this Oven Roasted Whole Cauliflower and either Butternut Squash with Ghee and Thyme or Acron Squash with Shallots and Rosemary.
Also, try these wonderful and simple side dishes for a quick weekday meal: Broccoli Rabe with Garlic, Baked Asparagus, Garden Cole Slaw, Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts, and/or Skillet Garlicky Green Beans.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 1 1/2 hours
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1-3-4lb Organic Whole Baking Chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin Olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons of Mixed Herbs of Choice (e.g. thyme, oregano, parsley, basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Drizzle oil over entire chicken to cover. Sprinkle mixture of herbs and garlic powder over entire chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in 475 degree oven uncovered for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees and continue to bake chicken for another hour or until done when a meat thermometer is inserted.
- Leave uncovered the entire time for a crispy skin. Basted the chicken 2-3 times during roasting. Let rest for 15 minutes for craving.