Iron Skillet Creole Red Snapper
This is one of the most flavorful ways I have found to make fish. It is simply delicious. Your family will think you have spent hours in the kitchen preparing this dish.
Eat This With That
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 12-15 mins
Yields: 2-4 Servings
- 1 lb wild-caught red snapper
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves pressed garlic (or minced)
- 1-2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp cayenne
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place cast iron skillet in oven while preheating. (If you don't have a cast iron skillet, just use a roasting pan, but don't preheat the pan)
- In a small bowl mix together oil, garlic, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Brush the fish generously with mixture and place in hot skillet (be careful and don't forget to use an oven mitt!!). Place skillet and fish back into oven. Cook for about 12-15 minutes, depending on thickness of fish, until fish is translucent and flaky.
For any spice mix that is left, store in airtight container. You can use this Creole mix on a variety of fish, and meats.
You May Also Like
At first glance, this may look like your typical Caesar Salad. However, lots of love went into ...
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet! It helps to extend life span, avoid ...
This flavor-packed summer dish is just what is needed on a hot summer's day. You can serve this ...
Flounder is an excellent source of high-quality protein. Eating grilled flounder is a heart-hea...