Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts
This is my favorite way to eat brussel sprouts. I love the char of the thin outer covering.
Brussels sprouts are rich in many valuable nutrients. They are an excellent source of vitamin C and vitamin K. They are a very good source of numerous nutrients including folate, manganese, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, choline, copper, vitamin B1, potassium, phosphorus, and omega-3 fatty acids.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yields: 6 Servings
- 7-8 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups Brussel Sprouts, trimmed and sliced
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mince the garlic cloves and combine in a small bowl with oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss with the brussels sprouts and place on a large roasting pan. Roast for 15 minutes.
- If using the lemon, squirt over top the brussel sprouts before serving.