Pan Seared Black & Blue Salad
This is one of my favorite salads and my favorite method to cook a steak! The favors of the charred steak and the blue cheese are a winning combination. I use grass-fed organic beef. It is so tender and tasty, not to mention, no hormones or antibiotics.
Eat This With That
I serve this with a few different salad dressings. Try one or all and see which is your favorite. Creamy Herb Dressing gives the salad a cool, creamy, fresh taste. The Herb Garlic Vinaigrette has lots of taste from the Italian herbs, garlic, and red wine vinegar. The Spicy Ranch Dressing has a bit of kick to it, according to how much paprika or cayenne you add. Whatever you choose, you are sure to love this filling, and hearty salad.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yields: 2 Servings
- 1-10 ounce Grass fed Ribeye (1 1/4 -to-1 1/2-inch-thick) boneless grass fed rib-eye
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups pre-washed mixed greens
- 4-6 rings of red onion
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced into rounds
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes, halved
- 2 ounces Walnuts
- 1-2 ounces blue cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons Salad dressing of choice (see links above)
- About 20 minutes before cooking steaks, remove them from the refrigerator and let sit, covered, at room temperature.
- Add olive to an cast iron skillet. Preheat on medium high heat until smoking slightly. Season steak with salt and pepper. Place the steaks in the skillet and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare (an internal temperature of 135 degrees F), 5 to 7 minutes for medium (140 degrees F) or 8 to 10 minutes for medium-well (150 degrees F).
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board or platter, and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice steak into 1/4 inch thick slices, cutting against the grain.
- Assemble your salad by placing dividing the ingredients among to large salad dishes. Divide the steak among the two plates. Add dressing and serve.