Roasted Chicken Legs with Lemon Garlic Broccolini
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! This one pot chicken and broccolini dish is a perfect quick go-to dinner. This easy recipe that is cooked entirely on a baking sheet is so tasty. I love dark meat, so this was a certainly a winner for me. Here, chicken legs roast to tender, juicy perfection while bright green broccolini cooks alongside. Lemon slices, chile and garlic cloves boost the flavor.
Eat This With That
I served this with a side salad, but you could just as easily Rosemary Garlic Oven Potatoes along side this one pot meal.
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
- 6-8 or chicken legs or thighs or a combination of the two
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed with the side of a knife
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches broccolini
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh chile, such as cayenne, thinly sliced
- Position a rack in the upper third of an oven and preheat to 500°F
- In a large bowl, toss together the chicken legs, 2 Tbs. of the olive oil, the garlic, 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet, placing the chicken skin side up, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim the broccolini. If any stems are thicker than 1/2 inch (12 mm), cut them in half lengthwise. In a large bowl, toss together the broccolini, lemon, chile and the remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and arrange the broccolini mixture around the chicken. Continue roasting until the chicken is golden and cooked through and the broccolini is crisp-tender, 10 to 15 minutes more. Serve immediately. Serves 4.