Simple Caprese Chicken
I love Caprese Salad, so why not add it to a chicken dish for a super simple and tasty meal anytime!
Tomatoes cooked in balsamic vinegar are the perfect sweet-tart complement to this cheesy chicken.
Eat This With That
I served this with home-grown, organic Broccoli Rabe with Garlic.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved or San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. shredded fresh basil
- 4 slices mozzarella
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook until golden and cooked through, 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Add balsamic vinegar to skillet to deglaze, then add garlic and stir until fragrant, 1 minute. Add tomatoes and season with salt. Let simmer until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
- Return chicken to skillet and nestle in tomatoes. Top with mozzarella and cover with a lid to melt cheese.
- Spoon tomatoes over chicken and serve.