Skillet Cod & Summer Vegetables
This flavor-packed summer dish is just what is needed on a hot summer’s day. You can serve this as a light lunch or dinner. You can increase the recipe to serve at a summer get-together. Coming in at only 180 Calories, you can enjoy seconds without feeling guilty!
Eat this with That
This dish can easily be served over whole wheat pasta, orzo, or brown rice. Pictured here served over whole wheat penne.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut medium size chunks
- 1 small zucchini, cut medium size chunks
- 1/2 large eggplant, cut medium size chunks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large tomato, cut medium size chunks
- 1/2 cup strained tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (5-ounce) pieces of cod filet
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese to taste
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, zucchini, eggplant, and garlic, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes. Add tomato strained tomato, tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Arrange fish in single layer on top of vegetables. Reduce heat to low. Sparkle with basil and parmesan cheese just before serving.