Slow-Roasted Roma Tomatoes
These are perfection o a roasting pan–great alone, as a side dish, in salsas, in salads, blended into sauces, or as a topping for just about anything you can think of (pizza, pasta, soups, stir-fries).
You can roast the summer’s bounty up and freeze them for use in dishes throughout the year when tomatoes are no longer in season. These are delicious with roasted fish, grilled chicken, or sauteed vegetables.
Eat This With That
I served this atop a beautiful Grass-fed Burger. It was so delicious. You won’t miss the bun. Add your choice of cheese, I added Blue Cheese, Sauteed Mushrooms and onions, and served it on a bed of lettuce. This burger is packed with robust flavor.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 3 Hours
Yields: 20 Tomato Halves
- 2 Pounds Roma Tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
- Gently toss the tomatoes in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the tomatoes, skin side down, in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. roast for 3 hours. Carefully remove them form the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Store the tomatoes in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to 4 days.