Warm Baby Greens Salad with Onion, Mushrooms & Egg
Winter does not mean that your healthy salad needs to go by the wayside! The mixture of greens could include all your favorites. I love the mixture that comes from my little raised-bed organic winter garden. Living in Florida, I have the luxury of growing year round. I mix baby kale, swiss chard, mustard, arugula, lettuces, and spinach. Come up with the combination that works best for you.
We all know how healthy eating our greens can be, but did you know that the dressing that you put on your salad can either make or break the health benefits of your greens? If you load a beautiful salad with a store bought, sugar ladened dressing, you have just destroyed the benefits of your salad.
The dressing for this salad continues so many great benefits. According to Dr. Axe, Apple Cider Vinegar helps to regulate blood sugar levels, enhance weight loss, lower cholesterol, improve skin health, reduces blood pressure, relieves systems of acid reflux, boosts gut health, enhances circulation, wards off seasonal allergies, and can balance your ph levels.
Again according to Dr. Axe, Eggs are an excellent source of protein. There are so many benefits to eating omega-3 fatty acid eggs that are pastured-raised and are organic.
Free-range eggs contain:
- ⅓ less cholesterol
- ¼ less saturated fat
- ⅔ more vitamin A
- 2 times more omega-3
- 3 times more vitamin E
- 7 times more beta-carotene
Who knew so much wealth and health could be found in a simple and flavorful salad!
Eat This With That
Try this warm baby greens salad with a pipping hot bowl of my Classic Vegetable Soup.
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 8 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1/4 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Warm Water
- 4 tsp Whole-grain Mustard
- 4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp fresh Thyme
- 3/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 1/3 Cups sliced Mushrooms of choice
- 1 1/2 cups red onion slices
- 1/2 tsp sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 8 cups uncooked baby greens of Choice (kale, spinach, lettuce, swiss chard, mustard etc.)
- 3-4 Pasture Raised, Organic Whole Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced
- Whisk together vinegar, water, mustard, oil, thyme, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper; set aside.
- Coat a large nonstick sauté pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, mushrooms, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper; cook, stirring often, until slightly softened and beginning to brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Place kale in a serving bowl; top with sautéed vegetables. Toss with dressing; top with sliced egg.