Whole Grain Garlic Parmesan Croutons
I love croutons on a salad. They give it that little extra something! However, store bought boxed croutons are filled with unnecessary additives that are not good for you. I prefer to make my own and avoid the hassle of trying to find croutons that are just o.k.
They are super quick and not complicated at all. You can make different varieties according to the type salad you are having. Experiment with the different herbs and spices and come up with your own winning combination.
Eat This With That
I used these croutons atop my BLT Salad with Spicy Ranch Dressing and added Perfectly Boiled Eggs. Another great salad to top off with these delicious croutons is my Grilled Caesar Salad with San Marzano Tomatoes. I also love my Classic Caesar Salad topped with these crunchy croutons. Oh, so yummy!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
- 3 cups 100% Whole Grain Organic Seeded Bread
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Black Pepper To Taste
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread, olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Toss well to distribute the ingredients.
- Spread the bread cubes out on a sheet pan, giving them plenty of space in between. Bake the bread cubes for about 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown and crisp. Keep in mind that the staler and older the bread, the quicker it will brown, so color is a good indication of when it’s done.
- Remove the croutons from the oven, and enjoy!